Monday, April 30, 2012

The Cry of A Newborn Baby

The "newborns" at church yesterday





“Jesus  answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”  John 3:3


Yesterday was one of those perfect days you’d want to relive over and over again!  First of all we were able to take our newborn to church for the first time and what a blessing that was.  It was a wonderful service!  During the service, as we sang the second or third song I couldn’t keep the tears from flowing:

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

As I’d sat earlier in the week and wrote down the current and world events in her baby book, I admit it was a little depressing –to think not only the shape of our world right now but what it may be like in years to come if it continues on the same path.  However, as it said in the song because he lives there is hope!  By the end of the service, we were able to witness first hand some of that hope as a first grader we’d been praying for for some time made her way to the altar and accepted Christ as her Savior!

I thought about when “Sunshine” was born how the doctor took her and I was waiting to hear that first cry to let me know she was alright.  How sweet it was when this newborn came from the altar and we heard her say “I was saved.”   Nothing like hearing a newborn cry and knowing everything is alright! 

Then my older daughter asked what was going on as everyone was rejoicing.  I told her she had been saved.  She asked “Why?”  I said so now she can go to Heaven.  Her response was “She’s going right now?” J  I’m thankful for what she is witnessing and for our church that’s going to be raising her.  Yes, there is still hope!


1 comment:

  1. you are so right sister i will always remember precious memiories like the ones made this day april 29,2012. proud moma of the first grader..

    ReplyDelete