Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thirsty Thursday: Rooted in Love

Last year during our revival the evangelist mentioned that if he would walk into a public place and shoot 5 people that would make the news; however, if 5 souls were saved and gained eternal life, that certainly would not be making the news. It hit me then-it's sad but true -the bad news is reported FAR more than the good.

While there is plenty of bad news, there's also plenty of good. God is still doing extraordinary things through ordinary people. He's not just a God present in the Bible but he's present in our lives today. I have been greatly inspired and encouraged by some of the "stories" I've heard lately. I have wanted to start a new feature on my blog for quite some time sharing these stories and incredible people with you. I feel that now more than ever we are thirsty for some good news! It's my prayer that you will be encouraged, inspired and refreshed...
 
As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25

 
 
                                                         
 
Today's good news is Rooted in Love.  Rooted in love was started by Laura Swann. Laura answered a call to adopt and in doing so is completely transforming lives across the world!

Wanting to raise money for her adoption, Laura did a fundraiser selling products handmade by women in other countries. These women have a wonderful skill but no place to market their work. That's where Laura comes in. After doing the fundraiser she felt God calling her to do it as a ministry. She now does home parties, craft shows and other events selling these beautiful items. She not only helps to market and sell these items but she shares the stories of these women and prays for them!

Some of Her partners are:

Back to Africa-jewelry handcrafted in Uganda and Africa


 
I have this necklace in turquoise -LOVE!!


Connected in Hope-scarves handcrafted in Ethiopia

Tukula-bags made in Uganda
 


Ergon Handicrafts-stationary handcrafted in India

What I love most about Rooted in Love and it's partners is that they are enabling these women to provide for themselves and make a better life for their children-not just giving them a one time handout.
 
I'm amazed that God is using someone in the same county as me to make such an impact around the world. And better yet that I can be a small part of it by purchasing something beautiful and original! I've purchased a scarf, bag, and a couple pieces of jewelry and I love it all! I get compliments each time I wear them which also gives me a chance to share these ladies stories and to talk about how God can work!

How would you like to give unique, meaningful Christmas gifts while helping to eliminate poverty and educate a child?  It's a win/win situation and definitely good news worth sharing!

Laura does a much better job telling her story than I do so check out her blog and like her Facebook page!
She even has photo albums on her Facebook page with items sorted by price. Super cute things from $5 on up!

Also, if you're local you can check her out at the Coffee Well in Gadsden on November 10th!
 


Do you have any good news to share?
As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25

1 comment:

  1. Just found this - absolutely made my night! Thank you Anna! You and Katey have been such a source of encouragement to me :)

    ReplyDelete