Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Marriage is a Cliche

Photo Credit

 
Wow-  how fast a decade goes by!!!  I can't believe 10 years ago today was my wedding day. I've always heard the cliché:

"I love my spouse more today than when I married them."
And today as I reflect back over our marriage that is exactly how I feel.  We've been so many places together (Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii, Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Florida, Cancun, and Tennessee) and went through so much together-4 homes/moves, deaths of close grandparents, and births of our two girls-to name a few.  Everything we've been through has brought us closer together and made me fall even more in love with the man I married.  I supported him while he lived out his career for awhile and now he has made my dream come true of being a stay-at-home Mom.

Sure, we've had our disagreements (and there was that one time I locked him out of the house :) but I can honestly say I've never wanted out of our marriage.  Others may say communication is the key to marriage, I say it's commitment.

Even as I sit here typing this I'm at the place where:

  • We first met
  • First kissed
  • Broke up - he told me we would get back together because God had already let him know I was the one he was going to marry-which of course, just made me even madder!
  • He proposed
Now here we are with our two girls and another little one on the way in the same place...

I love looking back and seeing how God has written our love story!! The song sung at our wedding was "I Could Not Ask For More" and that has fit our marriage.  Especially now looking back,  I know that in a husband and in a marriage - I couldn't ask for more.

Using that song, I've put together a little video of just a few moments from the past ten years.  I literally did this in a couple hours with the pictures I had on hand and there's a typo or two (Yikes!) but I thought I'd share it anyway.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next 10 years hold- including the birth of our son!





4 comments:

  1. Anna, what a beautiful testimony to your marriage! I pray God's richest blessings on your marriage and family for many, many more years to come! Happy Anniversary! (Goodness, time flies! I can't believe it's been 10 years already!)
    Joy Dollar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Hope everything is going well with your family too! And you're right- time does fly!

      Delete
  2. I loved the video. I had to hold back tears, it's beautiful, the life you are living with God in the center!!!

    Beth Johnson
    (The only way I could publish this comment was to choose anonymous :/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We've had some great Christian couples to look to for examples :)

      Delete