Monday, September 12, 2011

My Simple Life Just Became a Little More Complicated... but in a Good Way :)

         
 Just when you think you may have it all figured out God has a way of reminding you He’s still in control! 

     I had just laid out all my priorities and created my new schedule to incorporate them all when I started becoming so tired I could barely move.  The kind of tired that would come only from taking a whole bottle of Nyquil . . .or being pregnant!    That’s right God has blessed us again and “Miss Priss” is going to be a big sister!   We are so excited about becoming a family of four!


      We’ve known for a couple weeks now but had our first doctor’s visit on Friday and told all of our family and friends over the weekend.  I’m due on April 22nd and so far everything looks great!  I’m just a lot more tired and nauseated than I was with “Miss Priss” but I guess that has something to do with having her and not being able to slow down as much! 

          When I started this blog, I knew I wanted to be honest not just write about how I wished my life was but how it actually is.  So I must be honest and say I basically took last week off and rested!   Labor Day turned into Lazy Week for me!  While we did not officially have a family night or Tot school we did get to visit with several people and share our good news. 

I also slowed down a bit and enjoyed some simple moments this week:

1.        I decorated our house for fall and started cooking some chili.  The house smelt like fall and I could hear “Miss Priss” with her giggle box on playing with her Daddy.  I had to stop cooking for a minute and just listen to them laugh.

2.       I opened up the computer to check my e-mail and “Miss Priss” said “No 'puter Mommy-sing Jesus Loves Me.”  So I closed the computer and went to the piano and we sat down and sang for about 30 minutes.

3.       Being able to visit with family and friends and see the excitement on their face as we shared our good news!

4.       A Sunday afternoon walk with the family.

          So while I hope we can get back to our “schedule” this week, even if we don’t I’m thankful God's blessings are plentiful and not scheduled!  I also thank Him for all those he's give us thus far and the promise of those in our future too!   Hope you don’t miss the simple blessings you receive this week. I’d love to hear about them!


“It’s the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I have 2 kids. My son was 2.5 when I had my daughter (she is almost 5 months now). It sounds like that will be the case for your two. Believe me, your life will be more complicated! I love having two, but it's a whole lot more work. Enjoy your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete