Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Sinner Perfected Through Christ



If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  ~1 John 1:8-10

    We ALL sin (Romans 3:23).  I recently had a friend call me to tell me about something going on in her life and she said she didn't want to tell me because my life was perfect!  Talk about a punch in the gut!  My life is NOT perfect!  I am a sinner and I live in a world filled with sin which means yes, I have problems too! 


   Everyone sins - it's what we do about our sin that differentiates us.  According to these verses we have two options:  (1) We can deny we have sinned, deceive ourselves and make God a liar; or (2) We can confess our sins and he will forgive us.  Seems like such an easy choice doesn't it?  Yet it's so difficult for us to admit we are wrong!


   However, as difficult as it may be, it's necessary for us to grow.  Proberbs 28:13 says "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."   This verse takes it a step further and says not only to confess but forsake sin!


    If I confess my sins then "he is faithful and just to forgive".   Then and only then comes the true peace and contenment of living a life for Christ.   So while my life isn't perfect, I am perfected through his ultimate sacrifice!  (Hebrews 10:14)  What does that mean?  Trials and sin are going to enter into my life but I have somewhere to turn.  When I give it all to Christ, then I can experience peace, joy and contentment.  That's as close to perfectionism as I'm going to get!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment