Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Message Throughout the Ages


So far this week in our Good Morning Girls Group we’ve covered 1 John 2:12-14. 

I write unto you little, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.  I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning.  I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one.  I write unto you little children, because ye have known the Father.  I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning.  I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Notice in these verses John addresses the little children, the young men, and the fathers.  I believe he’s talking in a spiritual sense here writing to everyone from the very young in Christ to the elders.  He’s writing to the “little children” those that have just came to know the Father and been forgiven for Christ’s sake.   He’s writing to the “young men” those Christians that have been in the way for a little while and already won some battles.   They have God’s word in them and at this point in their lives they also still have their strength.  Finally, he’s writing also to the “fathers” those that have “known him that is from the beginning.” 

It doesn’t matter what age we are God’s word has something for us!  Isn’t that amazing how it can speak to the very young of heart on up??  It never gets old!  We can read a passage at one point in our lives and apply it - then read it later and see even deeper in His word and apply it to our lives again! 
No matter where we are spiritually there’s always room for us to grow in God’s word.  Peter said “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”  (1 Peter 2:2)  I love that word “desire”.  If we want to truly grow from one spiritual stage to the next we must desire to know more about God’s word.  We must not just read it but apply it to our lives to that we may be fruitful and become the Christian God wants us to be.  
Abby from Trusting in Him, who’s in my GMG group, said it best when she said yesterday, “I’m glad God always knows exactly where we are, and His word gives us exactly what we need, when we need it most!”  I’m so thankful for his powerful Word and pray that I will always apply it to my life so that I can grow spiritually!  Have you seen what He has in store for you in his Word today?

No comments:

Post a Comment