Monday, October 24, 2011

Thankful Monday

When I look around and see the good things He's done for me
I know I'm unworthy of them all
But His blessings He freely gives
I owe my life to Him
I've got so much to thank him for

And I've got so much to thank hm for
So much to praise Him for
Well you see-He's been so good to me
And when I think of what I've done and
Where He has brought me from
I've got so much to thank Him for!
                A few blogs I follow do “Thankful Thursdays”.  I’ve thought about doing this myself.  I try to start every morning out being thankful but to be honest there are some days I just wake up with more of a thankful heart – today is one of those days!  What a blessing to be on Monday and start the week out this way!   Here are some things I woke up being thankful for this morning:

I’m thankful for the wonderful, peaceful weekend I had with family.  We actually stayed home Friday and Saturday night both.  We didn’t even  so much as run get something to eat and it was great!  I can’t remember the last time we did this!  In fact, I feel like I’ve spent the last few Mondays recuperating from the weekend.   I’m thankful for waking up this morning refreshed and ready to begin the week!

I’m thankful for my church, my church family, and the spirit-filled service we had yesterday!  I’m thankful that I attend a church that doesn’t have a program/bulletin to follow but we’re free to worship in Spirit and in truth.  It was one of those services where the Holy Spirit takes over and there’s singing, testifying, preaching and we didn’t even make it to Sunday School!  I’m also thankful for our new pastor, his wife, and children.  Change is never easy for me (as I know it wasn’t for them either) but what a blessing they’ve already been the last two services!  Enjoyed the extra time we got to spend with them yesterday!

I’m thankful for the singing I was able to attend last night with Kyla Rowland.  If you listen to southern gospel music you may not know her name but I guarantee you’ve heard a song she’s written!   Some of my favorites are “Did I Mention”,  “Out of Harm’s Way”, “Prior to a Prayer”, “He’s Still in On the Throne”, “There Rose a Lamb” , “I Am No Stranger to Grace”, “A Wall of Prayer”….I could go on and on!  Here’s a complete list of all her songs.  It was such a blessing hearing her testimony and the stories behind some of these songs.  She’s truly an inspiring warrior of God!  She always talks a lot about her mother and ONE thing that really stuck with me last night was when she talked about the faith her mother had in her prayers.  She knew she was going to be triumphant and she’d tell her instead of praying and worrying to pray and rejoice!  She said instead of saying “God, I want” say “God, I thank you for…”  I left the singing truly feeling uplifted! 

Now today as I wake up I’m thankful for being able to stay at home with “Miss Priss” and the time I have to spend with her.  I’m also thankful I have reached the end of my first trimester and no sickness this morning!  I’m thankful for this messy house I have to clean up because it shows what a wonderful time we had here over the weekend!  I’m thankful for the 6 loads of dirty clothes I’m about to wash…and once again I could go on and on!  Thank you Lord for your blessings on me!  Happy Monday everyone!

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.  ~William A. Ward




No comments:

Post a Comment