Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Simplifying CHRISTmas



It's official...two months from today is Christmas!  I say it every year:

I'm going to have everything planned and all my Christmas shopping done by the end of November so I can just enjoy the month of December.  This year, I'm actually going to enjoy time with the family, Christmas parties and get-togethers instead of running around doing last minute things!
I mean EVERY year I say it but I have yet to do it!  However, this is going to be the year I follow through!  What's different about this year?  A couple of things:  First, it's our last year wtih only one hcild and I know it's only going to get crazier from here on out so I'm determined to thoroughly enjoy this Christmas with "MIss Priss".  Secondly, I have discovered the greatest Christmas guide/ebook ever - "Untangling Christmas" by Karen Ehman and LeAnn Rice. 





I purchased this ebook a couple of weeks ago and I'm LOVING it!!  I love that it begins by having you think and talk with your family about what Christmas really means to you and what's really important to include in celebrating Christmas.  It has downloadable surverys and questions to ask and decide what you absolutely cannot do without this Christmas.   Pretty much been the theme of my life lately - setting priorities and eliminating all the things that keep us from enjoying those priorities!  Christmas is definitely an area in which I need to do this!

Untangling Christmas is full of tips for everything Christmas:  focusing on Jesus; planning Christmas events; food (including recipies); gift buying, making, and wrapping; decorating; family traditions, etc.  Here's a list of the chapters included in the ebook.  It also includes downloadable documents and instructions for creating an Untangling Christmas Planner. You can customize it to fit your needs. I've started mine (pictured above) and I can tell you it's going to be a life saver!

I'm already looking forward to Christmas without the usual panic attack!  "Miss Priss" is getting old enough to really understand what's going on and I want her most of all to realize the real meaning of CHRISTmas.  Not that it's a crazy time of year but that it is about celebrating the birth of Christ and the peace and joy he brought into the world!  I hope that my little family can start some of our own family traditions this year.  I'd love to hear about any family traditions you may have!  We shared a few in my Good Morning Girls group the other day and I love getting ideas from others especially on celebrating the truemeaning of CHRISTmas!  So how about you?  Have you started planning for a stree-free Christmas?  What are some family traditions that MUST be included in your family's Christmas?  Please share!

P.S. Just checked my FB and realized the 12 Days of Christmas is going on with some of my favorite bloggers so check it out for more great Christmas ideas!


2 comments:

  1. Is Christmas that close? Oh, my! I have simplified Christmas. We actually celebrate Christmas the week after Thanksgiving with my husband's sister. Then at Christmas, my husband's parents stop through on their way to see their daughter. It's very low key. December is my quietest month since all regular activities cease. I also have already done my shopping! This sounds like a great book. Hope you have a simple Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "December is the quietest month" - oh how I'd LOVE to say that - lol! Maybe this year ;)

    ReplyDelete