Wednesday, December 14, 2011

End of 1 John - Ephesians Next!!


            Last week ended our Good Morning Girls study on 1 John.  I now have two books of the Bible completely written out with notes!  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the SOAP method!  I've learned a lot in the last few months as we've walked through 1 John-mostly about love.

            To me the main point of 1 John was because Christ dwells within us we should DEMONSTATE his love. We are to love like Christ loved us-in deed and truth.  I realized how very little I actually DO for Christ to show his love and how different the world could be if we as Christians truly started living like Christ and making sacrifices to show his love!         

            I've mentioned reading Kisses from Katie and in her book Katie gives an eye-opening statistic:

         The truth is that the 143 million orphaned children and the 11 million who starve to death or die from preventable diseases and the 8.5 million who work as child slaves, prostitutes or under other horrific conditions and the 2.3 million who live with HIV add up to 164.8 million needy children.  And though at first glance that looks like a big number 2.1 billion people on this earth proclaim to be Christians.
          The truth is that if only 8 percent of the Christians would care for one more child, there would not be any statistics left...
           ...The truth is that he loves these children just as much as He loves me and now that I know, I am responsible."
   
      That's only one statistic with children.   Could you imagine what kind of world it would be if everyone who claimed to be a Christian really started living like one??!!  This is what I have forever been changed by after studying 1 John- the depth, sacrifice, and power of true love.

    GMG will be taking a break from now until January 15.  Then the winter session will be from January 15-April 15.  We will be studying Ephesians!  Enrollment for groups starts tomorrow so if you're looking for a great online accountability bible study then get a group of girls together and go for it!  I guarantee you will be blessed!  For more info on GMG and the winter session click here.



It'll be a great way to start out the new year!  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment