Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

            The shopping is done, the presents are wrapped, cards are sent out, groceries are bought, and the house is at least semi-clean!  Woo Hoo!!!  OK, so I didn't exactly meet my goal of finishing by the 1st of December but I'm happy with the two weeks that I still have left in the year to do nothing but enjoy the season!!  I give alot of credit to my Untangling Christmas planner which has been a life saver!  I've loved having everything right there at my fingertips! 


            I've also learned to say no and that it's alright if we don't do EVERYTHING - not only is it alright but it's actually more enjoyable and peaceful!!  We've manged to do what's important to us as a family and I've really enjoyed this Christmas so far!!  Here's a few pics of what we have enjoyed:


Decrorating Christmas Cookies with some friends
Angels getting ready for the church Christmas play


In front of some of her ornaments we made in celebration of Advent
Looking at lights at Homestead Hollow


     I've thought alot about Bethlehem at the time Jesus was born and how busy the town was.  I can just imagine all the people rushing around trying to pay their taxes, find food and a place to stay.  Many that probably had been in the temple and synagogues even earlier in the week hearing about the coming of the Messiah.  Yet they were so busy with their own lives they may have walked right passed the manger where Christ was being born!  I don't want to be so wrapped up in everything else that I miss the simple blessings right before me!  It's made me so sad this year when I hear others say they are just ready for Christmas to be over!  I've realized that we only feel that way because of what all WE put on OURSELVES!!


              It's my Christmas wish that you too will be able to slow down and enjoy the peace and joy that CHRISTmas is really all about!   This will be my last post this year as I will be enjoying the next two weeks with family and friends!  I'll leave you with my favorite Christmas song!




No comments:

Post a Comment