Monday, February 13, 2012

Tot School: Jesus Loves Me/Valentine's Day



We've been talking all about love in Tot School these two weeks!  Since I didn't post last week, I thought I'd just do one post combining what we did last week and what we're planning to do this week.  Our theme last week was "Jesus Loves Me" and this week we are doing "Valentine's Day".

Table Time:
  1. Memory Verse - 1 John 4:9 - Made a heart collage with the memory verse
  2. Jesus Loves Me - Mini Book
  3. Jesus Loves Me Coloring Sheet
  4. Make Valentine Cards
  5. Sweetheart Candy Color Sort-Simply took a papertowel and drew circles to let her sort by color.  We attempted to use some small tongs but she quickly got frustrated with those and just picked them up!
  6. Made Chocolate Play-doh (Use your favorite play-dough recipe and add cocoa)- Used heart cookie cutters and created valentine chocolates to put in a box
  7. Heart Size Sequence
  8. Tracing Sheets
Floor Time:

  1. Jesus Loves Me Puzzle
  2. Tea Tray - practiced pouring beans from teapot to cups
  3. Valentine Tea Party - practiced setting table, pouring from teapot, etc.
  4. Blocks
  5. Kitchen

Music:
  1. Jesus Loves the Little Children
  2. O How I Love Jesus
  3. Will You Be My Valentine
  4. Jesus Loves Me with additional verse "I Love Jesus"

I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus likes to hear me say,
That I love Him every day!

Yes, I love Jesus!
Yes, I love Jesus!
Yes, I love Jesus!
Because He First Loved Me!
Snacks:
  1. Heart Sugar Cookies
  2. For our Tea Party - PB & J Heart shaped sandwiches, Valentine Cupcakes, Strawberry Kool-aide
Books:

Jesus Loves Me by Laura Logan
God Gave Us Love by Lisa T. Bergren
Will You Be My Valentine by Dr. Holly
The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
A Heart Full of Love (Tag Junior Book)



Mixing up our Chocolate Playdough

Jesus Loves Me Coloring Sheet with watercolors

Making Heart Sugar Cookies (Yes, we are still in our PJs)



Sweetheart Color Sort

Additional Valentine Links:

1+1+1=1 Valentine's Day
Joyful Learning - Valentine Tea (And Other) Activities
Homeschool Creations Valentine Early Learning Printables
Confessions of a Homeschooler - Jesus Loves Me Lapbook
Over the Big Moon Valentine Pre-K Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment