Friday, November 25, 2011

The Worst Birthday Party Ever

        

        Can you imagine showing up to your birthday party only to have everyone ignore you? They say they are there to celebrate your birthday but instead they've spent all their time finding what they believe to be the perfect present for each other and are exchanging gifts amongst themselves.  Not a present in sight for you! 

          They've spent TONS of time preparing food and decorating saying it's all for you but they've spent very little time including you in their plans or the actual event.  They're just acting like you aren't even around.  Sounds like the worst birthday party ever, huh?

           It could be worse...what if you'd given up a home in paradise for them, been mocked, ridiculed and finally crucified for THEIR sin and still they couldn't even take time our of their busy lives to Include you in your own birthday??
Sounding familiar yet?

          This thought has been heavy on my mind this Christmas.  Mostly about gifts- I'm guilty of spending more time searching for the perfect gift for others instead of celebrating and sharing the perfect gift that's already been given to me.  I say I'm celebrating his birth and the peace and joy that he brought into this world, but how much time do I really give him v. the shopping, cooking, decorating, parties, etc., etc?  How much peace and joy is really in my Christmas?

          That's what I've been constantly asking myself as I plan for this Christmas.

          As we begin this Christmas season, I thought I'd take next week to share some of my Christmas ideas. I'll be basing the postings on my priorities and hoping the results are a simpler CHRISTmas.  Here's my "schedule":

Monday- 1st prioirty-God-Keeping Christ in CHRISTmas
Tuesday- 2nd priority: Family-Our Family Traditions
Wednesday-3rd Priority:Friends- "Friendly" Get-Togethers and Gifts
Thursday-4th Priority:Home-Decorating
Friday-5th Priority:Health-My favorite Christmas foods (This will be a stretch on the health b/c these probably won't be very healthy but we do have to eat!!)

       I hope you'll join me and share a few of your own Christmas ideas and tips!  And don't forget to ask yourself:  What am I REALLY celebrating? Do my actions truly show what Christmas means to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment