Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Prayer for our Fellow Christians



Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers. Ephesians 1:15

What's really stuck out to me this week in our GMG Ephesians study is praying for my fellow Christians.  I love that Paul says here "AFTER I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" (emphasis added)How many times do I pray for those that are sin sick and lost but forget my fellow Christians that are battling Satan all day?  Do I pray for someone until they accept Christ as their Savior but then maybe not so much after that?  Guilty.

Paul of all people knew how difficult living a life for Christ could be.  He knew all about the temptations and persecution. After all, he was writing this from prison!  He knew it wasn't going to be an easy road for these new Christians so what was his solution?  Even while imprisoned, he ceased not to give thanks and pray for them.

So many times someone will come to me with a problem and even ask me to pray and what's my response?  "Well, the least I can do is pray for you."  The least I can do? On down in the next few verses Paul reminds the Christians once again of their spiritual riches and the "exceeding greatness of his power."

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his might power.   Ephesians 1:19
What power there is in Christ through prayer!  There is NO greater thing we can do for our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ than to lift them up in prayer.  Then allow God's "exceeding great power" to work!

I have truly been challenged this week to pray for my fellow Christians!  I hope you will be too!!

Also linked up to:

1 comment:

  1. I have been challenged to be praying too! I like the insight that you shared here. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete