Thursday, January 12, 2012

Proverbs 31 - A Worthy Role Model



In between our GMG studies I have been studying the Proverbs 31 Woman.  I thought it'd be a great way to kick off the new year and remind me of my responsibilities.  I've used my Bible, the SOAP method and Courtney from Women Living Well's free e-book, The Proverbs 31 Woman One Virtue At a Time. I started the day after Christmas and finished yesterday and boy was I "weighed in the balance and (art) found wanting" (Daniel 5:27)! 

Just thought I'd post my list of characteristics or virtues from Proverbs 31.  How do you measure up?

She is:


 
 - A treasure (worth more than rubies and you'll soon see why!) v. 10
 - Trustworthy v. 11
 - Speaks AND DOES good to her husband EVERYDAY v. 12
 - Works with eager hands v. 13
 - Goes the distance in preparing meals v.14
 - Rises early v. 15 and works late v. 18
 - Makes wise decisions that will benefit her family v. 16
 - Tackles the tough jobs v. 17
 - Works diligently v. 19
 - Reaches out to the poor and needy v. 20
 - Is prepared for the bad weather v. 21
 - Takes care of her NEEDS v. 22
 - Brings honor to her husband v. 23
 - Gives her work her best v. 24
 - Clothed in strength and honor v. 25
 - Speaks with wisdom and kindness v. 26
 - Keeps an eye on her family and isn't idle v. 27
 - Blessed by her children and praised by her husband v. 28
 - Excels in virtues v. 29
 - Fears the Lord v. 30
 - Earns the fruit of her hands and praises of her works v. 31

  Much to my dismay no where in there did I find "deserves a long, hot bath at the end of the day" or "takes a Mommy's day out"!!
I love what Courtney says concerning the 30th verse:  "She will work tirelessly and sacrificially to create a home that is filled with peace, joy and comfort.  This woman loves the Lord and desires to please Him.  She serves her husband and children because of her higher desire to please the Lord. ...Her faith is her beauty secret."

Oh, how I desire to be more like the Proverbs 31 Woman-she's a worthy role model!

No comments:

Post a Comment