I can't believe the first month of the year is already gone! It's already time to look back over my January resolutions and set February ones. At first, I wasn't really planning on blogging about these every month but I've realized one of the main reasons I keep up this blog is to hold myself accountable so announcing them for everyone to read definitely holds myself more accountable! Here's a review of my January resolutions:
1. Host a couple's Bible Study at our Home: Check! We did this last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it! We had six other couples over and studied the Fruits of the Spirit with each couple taking at least one fruit to discuss. In fact, it went so well and we had so much participation/discussion we only got through 4 of the fruits of the spirit and plan on having a Part 2 of the Bible study this month :) It was a wonderful reminder that if the Spirit dwells within us and these (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance) are the fruits of the Spirit then that's what you should be seeing in our lives. Whether we realize it or not we're producing some type of fruit-either fruits of the flesh or fruits of the Spirit and others are watching are lives!
2. Spend Less Time Online- Check! I'm definitely spending less time online although I could still stand to cut back some more! I did at least a partial "facebook fast" the first 2 weeks of the month. During that time I only responded to private groups and messages. I actually enjoyed it and got SO much more accomplished. After those 2 weeks I sat down and made myself some guidelines and for the most part have stuck to them!
3. Potty Train "Miss Priss"-Check! We had a rought start but then figured out the trick was a sticker chart! She wasn't interested in small prizes or candy but the stickers did the trick! She's still in a diaper at nap and bedtime but other than that she's doing really well! Which is a relief since in less that 3 months we'll have another one in diapers!
So here are my Goals/Resolutions for February:
1. My Mom, sister and I are hosting a Tea Party for the ladies at church.
2. Set up Nursery (and choose a name would be a plus too)