Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A "Monumental" Message!!




"Footprints in history are not made sitting down.  I cannot wait to show you this movie.  This is the most important journey of my life.  America is worth fighting for and so are our families.  But I cannot do this alone. I need you to join me in reclaiming America's true national treasure."
                                             Kirk Cameron




Last night I was able to go see the movie "Monumental".  It was a one night live presentation to kick-off what I hope to be an awakening across our country!  I know it certainly was for me!  I was amazed at how little I really knew and had been taught about the Pilgrims and how our nation has twisted and just flat out destroyed the truths in which our founding fathers believed would create a strong nation.  They even laid out the plan for liberty for us.  Yet we are SO far from what they envisioned and spent their lives establishing.  Here are just a few things that I didn't know prior to the movie:


1.  The Pilgrims started the seperatist movement because the Bible was translated into the English language and they begin to read it, study it and understand it for themselves.  They soon realized that the true "church" was not based on a rich monarchy but quite the opposite it should consist of humble servants.  However, to break away from the church also meant treason at that time.  Thus they searched for a new land.

2.  The Pilgrims weren't just some weak, ignorant men that landed without knowledge of how to plant corn.  They endured MUCH suffering and many set backs along the way.  Yet their faith in God stayed strong and they knew they had a greater cause and for this they did not give up!  They sacrificed SO much so that their children and the next generations could be able to worship the true God in Spirit and in Truth.

3.  We've been told that our founding fathers wanted seperation of church and state.  That God has no place in our government.  That God in schools is NOT something they would have wanted.  Yet, (brace yourselves for this one) the first Bible ever printed in English in America was printed in 1782 by Congress for the purpose of "an addition of Holy Scriptures for the use of our schools".     It didn't end there.  They not only wanted Bibles in schools but in homes.  The signers of our Consitution funded a family Bible in 1798 so that the Word of God could be distributed to individual households.  Why did they want families and children to be studying and learning the Bible?  Because they knew that if they wanted their new country to be successful then it must start within the individual.  There must be moral values instilled in the citizens.  When that desire to please God is present THEN you will have a successful country.  Here's a short clip from Monumental and Wingclips on this:






4.  Out of the founding fathers that signed the Declaration of Independence not only were they Christians but over half of them (29 of 56) held seminary degrees.

5.  The National Monument to the Forefathers lays out what our forefathers believed would work to establish a successful government.  I'd never even heard of this monument until this movie.  It holds SO many strong truths and you can see as we have strayed from these truths and the "formula" they believed our nation has started falling apart.  

I don't want to spoil the whole movie so I'll stop there.  I knew as Americans and as a country we were far off track but I had no idea how far off track we'd become until watching these truths.  Somewhere along the way we've been deceived and I feel as Christians we've failed to find the facts and to stand up for what our rights are.  Not only for what our forefathers and founding fathers wrote and established in their agreements and declarations but what they sacrified their lives for. 

I am inspired and thankful for the stand Kirk Cameron has made.  Not only in doing this movie but on the stand he has taken on other issues in the media.  I loved what he said at the end of the movie as he talked about how everyone places the blame on someone else whether it be Washington, Hollywood, the Church, or elsewhere. Yet he said

"The answer doesn't begin at the White House, it begins at my house.” ~ Kirk Cameron. 

I think that's exactly what are forefathers realized that in order to have a successful government it must start with successful individuals and in order to have a successful individual you must have a Godly influence and strong morals. 

So as an individual I plan on holding myself to an even higher moral standard.  To truly study God's word for myself and do my best to follow it in my life.  I plan on being more aware of what's happening and studying some of these truths I've just been shown even further.  I want to pass along what I'm learning to others that may not realize it and most importantly to my children who probably won't be taught these truths in school.  There's still hope out there for America but it must begin within us and within our families.

Is there more you want to do?  See the movie?  I don't believe this is all we've heard on this movie.  Kirk Cameron plans on releasing this as a DVD, creating devotionals, homeschool curriculums, etc.   Here's a few more links for additional information:

Monumental Movie Website
Clips from the movie
Demand the Movie in Your Area
Monumental Facebook Page
Pilgrim Monuments


And I leave you with one final quote from John Adams our 2nd President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence:

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."


Linked to:







 

--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment