Here's some of what we did:
- Spring collage
- Fruit loop rainbow
- Traced hands and made flowers
- Created a bug jar-put bug stickers all over a plastic peanut contained
- Painted a bug rock
- Spring sensory bin-colored macaroni, Easter eggs, misc. bowls/containers, basket, spoons, tongs, etc. They loved this! They sorted the macaroni, placed it in different containers, placed it in eggs for shakers, and took apart and matched back up the eggs.
- Flower Shop-cash register, phone, real and fake flowers, containers/vases, dirt, watering can, flower magazines
- Bug Hunt-We caught several bugs but "Miss Priss" didn't want to leave any in her bug jar. As soon as I put them in there she let them out!
- Bug puzzles
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
Flower cupcakes-We used our Easter Candy Corn for the petals and then put pink, purple, and yellow sprinkles in the center.
- What Makes a Rainbow by Betty Ann Schwartz
- I Am a Rainbow by Dolly Parton- this is a book we received free from the Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- 10 Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth
- Read from our Bible Story Book - Noah and the Ark
|Creating Fruit Loop Rainbow|
|Playing in the Spring Sensory Bin - We soon moved it to the floor!|
|Our Flower Shop|
|On A Bug Hunt|
|Creating Bug Jar - Got a little carried away with the stickers!|
Next week is Spring Break around here so we'll be off-schedule. Our plans are to start our resurrection eggs, do some activities with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and maybe even a trip to the zoo!
Additional Link for Spring Activities: Totally Tots Spring