Monday, September 10, 2012

God First Challenge: Day 10 - Meditate on Scripture

Photo Credit

Day 10 Challenge:  Meditate on Scripture

Day 10 Scripture: Joshua 1:8  “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:  for then thou shalt make the way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
 
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1:2

“Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.”  1 Timothy 4:15

Now you’ve dug a little deeper and read what God has to say about the issue – now dwell on it awhile! That’s one reason I love the SOAP method.  I like just taking a couple verses at a time and really letting them sink in-not just my head but my heart -letting God use His word to speak to me.  That’s just another one of the benefits of getting in God’s word first thing in the morning you have all day to meditate on it.

When talking about prayer earlier I mentioned taking some time to listen not just letting it all be about you talking.  It’s the same way with studying God’s word.  Don’t just read, read, and read some more but stop and listen to what God’s telling you through his Word.  If we're talking about God's Word being nourishment for our souls then let it be a delicious dessert and savour every last bite!

Our church presents each high school graduate with a new Bible.  When I received my Bible our pastor at the time told me that all I needed to study God’s word was a KJV Bible, a Webster’s dictionary and most importantly the Holy Spirit.  I can look back now and see just how right he was! 
Not sure what a verse means?  Ask the author-He’s there with you. 
Not sure how it applies to your life? Continue to seek His will and way through his word and prayer. 
I challenge you today to spend some time truly meditating and allow God’s word to come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment