Tuesday, September 4, 2012

God First: Day 4 Challenge- Display a Verse


Day 4 Challenge:  Display your Verse

Day 4 Scripture: Deuteronomy 6:3-9

“Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.  Hear, O Israel:  The Lord our God is one Lord:  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.  And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart.  And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.  And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.  And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.”  (emphasis added)

I’ve always loved words.  I love to read and I love to write.  As Helen Keller said “Literature is my utopia.” 
Recently I’ve developed (from my Mom) a love for displaying signs and favorite quotes around our home.  Here’s a few we have around our home:





 

It seems like there are times that God just turns my eyes in the direction of a certain quote or sign right when I need it.  There are other times I’ve intentionally placed a scripture or quote right where I know I need to see it!  Either way we can’t just read the Bible like any other book and expect to really gain from it.  We need to meditate on what we read.  We need to talk of them when we’re sitting at the kitchen table, or when we run into a neighbor on the street.  They need to be on our mind first thing when we get up and last thing before we go to sleep.  This scripture even tells us to write them on “the posts of thy house, and on thy gates”. 

Hopefully by now you have your motivational verse that’s going to help get you out of bed and into God’s Word in the morning.  Now I challenge you to post it somewhere you will see it when that alarm goes off.  You may want to “dress it up” or even frame it.  You may just want to write it on a post-it note and stick it to your clock.  Just put it somewhere you will see it and it will serve you as a reminder.

And for those of you whom really want a challenge – memorize it!  Write it upon your heart.  Call it to remembrance throughout the day.  The more we read, meditate, see and talk about scripture the more likely we are to LIVE it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment