Friday, September 14, 2012

God First Challenge: Day 14 - Live it!


Day 14 Challenge:  Live it!

Day 14 Scripture: James 1:22

“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

We’re almost at the end of our challenge but here’s the thing…If you don’t do today’s challenge then the last two weeks have been in vain and utterly pointless. 
WHAT??  Shouldn’t you have told me this at the beginning?  Maybe so but you’ve came this far so don’t stop now…

LIVE IT!   Let’s not just wake up, study, and even ask God what He wants us to do with our day.  Follow through with what He tells us. 
Live out His Word. 
Make our choices based on what we’ve learned about His word.  Not on what society is telling us, not on what I tell you, not on what your parents have told you and not even on what your church leaders are telling you but on what HE has told you. 
I wanted to share this video from Francis Chan that's really stuck with me.  He makes a great point - one that I can easily relate to as a Mom!  I can only imagine how furious I would be if I told "Miss Priss" to go clean her room and she came back and told me she'd thought about, studied it, and even had some friends over and talked about it but didn't DO IT!!  Is that what we're I'm doing with God's Word? 


Let's apply this morning time to our life and LIVE  boldly for HIM!

It may not always be the EASY way but it’ll always be the BEST way even when we don’t see it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment