Thursday, September 13, 2012

God First Challenge: Day 13-Prioritize!


Photo Credit
 
Day 13 Challenge: Prioritize

Day 13 Scripture:  "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matthew 6:33

I have some bad news and some good news for you.

Bad News:  If you’ve made it this far you’re probably really starting to get challenged!  Satan is probably starting to throw things at you (besides sleep) that are starting to keep you from getting up and spending those first few minutes of the day with God.    

Good News:  You’ve actually already beat this challenge!  Every morning that you’ve chosen to successfully get up instead of sleeping in you’ve chosen God over sleep.  Every morning that you’ve gotten your Bible and went to your solitary place you’ve chosen God over that cell phone or television. 

As you continue even after these 15 days you’re going to have to choose and prioritize every morning but the good news is you can do ALL things through Christ!

Prioritizing  and Simplifying have become almost synonyms for me.   This blog was actually a result of me really questioning my priorities and how I was spending my time.   This is further explained here.

Now when I hear someone say, “I just don’t have time for that.” Or “Sorry, I meant to _______ but I just didn’t have time.”  What I really hear is “It wasn’t a priority for me.” 
And sometimes that’s ok.  Sometimes I even smile to myself and think “I’m glad they have their priorities in order.”  Of course there are other times I think, “Get your priorities in order!”  May sound a little harsh to you but everyone that lives through today is going to have 24 hours.  The difference is what we CHOOSE to do with that time.  And (as I said in my first blog) whether you realize it or not how you spend your time is a direct reflection of your priorities.

So you may be getting to (or maybe already reached) the point where things are getting chaotic.  Where you really need to get some other things done in the morning or you really just need your sleep back. 
I challenge you to prioritize.  Realize what your priorities are then make sure your time is spent according to them.  If God really is your number one priority then it shouldn’t be such a problem to give him the first few minutes of your day.  Only then will you truly find happiness and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment